Terms of Booking
By placing a booking with us (the property owners/our representative) you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
1) The Lead Guest or person placing the booking on their behalf must be minimum 21 years of age
2) The maximum number of staying guests per property must never exceed that as illustrated on the individual property page at www.biburyfarm.com, unless extra beds have been selected via the booking platform at the time of booking, or agreed in writing with the Office within a minimum of 4 weeks prior to arrival. This includes tents and campervans, which are expressly prohibited.
3) Where the person making the booking is different to the Lead Guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking will be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within
4) Only the Lead Guest and the named booking party are permitted to use the property and its facilities, third party visitors are only allowed access to the premises with our express prior permission
5) Bibury Farm Barns cannot allow any Hen or Stag parties to take place in any of the properties, unless the Lead Guest books all of the properties on site for the purpose of holding a private party, for which respective rules will apply. Any placed booking that is subsequently found to be a Hen or Stag party (where the entire site has not been booked as afore mentioned) will be terminated accordingly and guests will be asked to vacate the properties with immediate effect.
6) All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests and local neighbours at all times. The owners/representatives of Bibury Farm Barns reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners. In this event it will be considered a breach of the terms of your Rental Agreement and guests may be asked to leave
7) No amplified music may be played within or outside of the properties at any time unless with prior agreement. All music must be turned down to a respectful volume from 11pm
8) Be aware that the areas around the other barns are private – please do not walk across other lawns or borrow/use equipment belonging to other barns
9) Any belongings left within or outside the properties are done so at the guests own risk
10) Fireworks or pyrotechnics are not permitted at any time
Deposits, Payments and Cancellation Policies:
* To secure a booking we require a 25% deposit to be paid at the point of booking
* Deposit payments must be 'cleared funds' before a booking can be confirmed. Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set-out here within
Payments can be made online, or by digital bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit. Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured cheque's, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the lead guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
Check-in & Check-out
Guests must check-in and check-out by the times stated below;
- Check-in from: 16:00pm on day of arrival (there will be a key safe for those arriving outside of office hours)
- Check-out by: 10:30am on day of departure
Early check-in and late check-out is sometimes possible depending on the next guests’ arrival – the Lead Guest must liaise with the Office in advance of the arrival day to determine if this may be possible. Early check-ins and late check-outs will be charged between £60-£100, depending on the property size. The fee relates to extra staffing costs associated with turning around the properties in time.
Cancellation, Returned Deposit & Non-Arrival Conditions
Guests who need to cancel a booking should contact us as soon as possible. Deposits already paid are only returned in accordance with the following conditions:
- In the event of guest cancellation we are happy to refund the 25% deposit made upon booking provided that the same accommodation is rebooked for the same period. If a partial rebooking is made, a partial refund is given accordingly. If we have had to market the space at a ‘last-minute availability’ discount then the discounted amount is proportionately returned.
- The remaining 75% of booking value is required 6 weeks (42 days) in advance of the arrival date. If cancellation occurs within the 42 days before arrival, a refund will not be given unless the same accommodation is rebooked for the same period. If a partial rebooking is made, a partial refund is given accordingly. If we have had to market the space at a ‘last-minute availability’ discount then the discounted amount is proportionately returned.
- If a booking is made within 42 days of arrival, the full booking amount is required to secure the booking.
Non-arrival guests who are unable to attend, or fail to attend for whatever reason, forfeit their booking and no refund will be given. It is suggested that booking guests take out appropriate holiday / cancellation insurance where required.
In the rare event we need to cancel your booking with us, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control and that our liability to you is limited to the refund of any payment already made.
WiFi and Electricity: Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy
Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
We reserve the right to charge for excessive use of electricity (over and above reasonable/fair useage) whilst guests are staying in the barns.
Damages & Lost Property
We reserve the right to charge the Lead Guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs. Lost keys / fobs will incur a replacement charge per key / fob lost.
Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. Depending on the size of the item(s) in questions, we may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at our cost, otherwise collection can be arranged.
Smoking and the use of E-Cigarettes
The use of E-Cigarettes or the smoking of any tobacco products including, but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff or chewing tobacco, is only allowed outside, in the designated smoking area and is in accordance with the Health Act 2006.
Pets & Service Dogs
Up to two, well-behaved dogs are welcome downstairs in the barns (with the exception of Cart Shed which is dog-free) but are not permitted to go into any of the bedrooms or upstairs. They are also not permitted on any furniture and must sleep in the kitchen/boot room at night. Owners must ensure that they pick up after their dogs and that dogs are quiet, kept under control at all times and stay within the garden. There will be a £50 cleaning surcharge required per dog.
On-site parking is provided and guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
Your Personal Details & Privacy
We are required to keep a register of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us. These records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 2018) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed. Any entries containing personal details that may fall into the DPA and GDPR may be removed and destroyed.